Tuesday 2 August 2011

Monty is sick.

Hi, I am Maza. I am Monty's girlfriend!

Monty can't update his blog right now because he has been sick the past couple of days.

Right after our little visitor left (I mean Iggy) Monty started not feeling very well. I don't know what's wrong with him but I am worried! Nick is at his office right now, but I heard him talking to a vet and arranging an appointment for Monty.

Monty looks very miserable. He is sluggish, which makes me very sad to look at him. He used to be so active before. His fur is not groomed as much as he used to. I remember him having a rich and bright fur, but now it's untidy. He sleeps all night. At least he still has his appetite but I think he isn't drinking as much water.

We are not even sure if he is actually sick. Could it be a heat stroke? It's true that it's hot right now, here in Greece, but Nick was leaving the A/C on all the time. Perhaps he caught a cold? Certainly it can't be from old age. Monty is not even 10 months old yet.

We were afraid Monty might have been dehydrated. We gave him frozen broccoli and he ate some of it. He seemed to like it. Then Nick gave me frozen broccoli to me too. I loved it, it was like vegetable ice-cream! But let's not talk about me. Nick put Monty in his old cage, with fresh aspen shavings for bedding, because he wanted to be sure it was not the new Carefresh bedding in his cage that was making him sick. He even checked for wet tail symptoms, but her findings were not conclusive.

Anyway, Nick got worried, because Vets that specialize in Hamsters are quite rare in Greece, but I see that Nick found one and his office is not very far. Ah, right now he is calling him. I am eavesdropping right now... she (the vet) is on vacation but she sounds very helpful. She says that we needs to give him yogurt because it has antibiotics. I like yogurt. We also need to put some vitamin drops in his water bottle. And turn off the A/C. The vet was very helpful, she seemed like a nice person. If Monty is not better by Thursday, then they are going to pay the vet a visit.

I pray to the saint of Hamsters for Monty to get well soon!



 Maza the hamster.

No comments:

Post a Comment