Monday 25 July 2011

Visitors!

Hello, this is Monty!

It's very hot here in Athens! It's unbearable. 

Due to the heat, me and Maza sleep in the open. That is, inside our cage, but not inside our little houses. Nick saw that, and now he leaves the air-conditioning on 24/7! The first time he did that though, it was TOO COLD, and we went inside our houses and insulated ourselves with tissue paper like we did in the winter!

But what is more important is that we got one of our boys, Iggy, with us!!! Nick's friends went for vacations, so they sent Indy here for us to take care for a month. He is very happy to see us, and so are we. Me and Maza gave Nick some hamster-euros and Nick ordered a Nintendo DS (hacked). We gave it to Indy as a present. I tried to find a rom version of Pokemon Fire-Red (Iggy's favorite game). I had some trouble configuring DS acekard to ran a GBA rom, but in the end I made it! This is a picture of installing the Pokemon GBA rom on a Nintendo DS (using EZ Flash 3-in-1).


Me, hacking the NDS so Indy can play what all the cool hamsters are playing

Indy liked his NDS.  Too much in fact. Then, I noticed that he was sleeping a lot.. hmmm, teenagers these days...

This is Iggy, our son. He sleeps a lot.

Like the concerned father I am, when he was out playing in his hamsterball, I had a chance to spy in his room. I was sneaky. I didn't want Indy discovering me. Nor Maza, she would say I was a silly-dad, an overprotective one. I didn't want Nick afinding out either, because he would take photos of me and laugh with their friends. Well, I failed the last one. Nick took pictures of me after all. I will post them here first! This way I will have the last laugh. Or the first? D-oh! You can see Maza on the right, observing me and making fun of me. Grrr. 

Anyway, here is my gallery (you can even call it a graphical guide) on how to invade other hamster's cages. Observe my agility and my climbing skills.

What is he hiding in here??? I knew it! Junk Food!

Vertical climbing

Horizontal climbing


Anyway, I found disturbing evidence in Indy's cage. I found food. A lot of food. JUNK FOOD! Sleeping and eating this much junk food cannot be healthy. I sneaked into his cage and waiting until Nick left. I didn't like him taking pictures. This was top-secret stuff. I waited and waited, and when the coast was cleared I confiscated all the junk food. My plan was to move all this food into my cage and destroy it (by digesting it). I stuffed as much junk food as I could in my cheeks. I started making my stealthy escape and then BAM, Nick got into the room with his damned camera. BUSTED.Then I tried to leave his room and deposit all this unhealthy food in my cage. But I didn't want anyone to find out. Unfortunately Nick did! He even took some photos of me because he thought I was funny. Stupid Nick, I will have my revenge soon.

Caught in the act of confiscating high-calorie food!

I am embarrassed. My cheeks are turning red.

Afterwards was time for exercise. I instructed Iggy to enter his hamsterball and start running.





 But all this running around made ME hungry, so I decided I needed a break from watching Iggy. Next stop, Quakers!








No comments:

Post a Comment