Saturday 13 August 2011

I've been a bad bad bad hamster...

Hello, Maza here.

We just arrived to Loutraki. And I've been a bad bad bad hamster during the road trip :((((

Let me start from the beginning. Nick decided to go to his summer house in Loutraki and stay there for 10 days. Since Monty, my boyfriend, went to the Rainbow Bridge recently, Nick wanted to take us (me and Monty's son, Joshua) with them to cheer us up. Also 10 days are a lot of time to leave us alone.

Joshua hasn't been with us for more than a week and is not as comfortable as me,  around Nick. So, the plan was to put our two cages in the backseat of the car and have me and Joshua in our hamster-balls. And that's what we did. So far so good.

Nick was afraid that Joshua would get scared of being in his hamster ball all this time, so he started feeding him nuts and peanuts and lettuce so he would be occupied with something and not be grumpy. He felt bad about me, and started feeding me too.

It turned out that Joshua was not nervous at all, after finishing his meal he fell asleep in his hamster-ball. But it was me that started to get nervous. I had stored my food in my chick-pouches and I started to get impatient. I wanted to empty those pouches in my cage, but I was in my hamster-ball. Nick understood that I wanted to be in my cage, parked his car and he opened the hamster-ball and picked me up.

I am so sorry... I don't know why. Perhaps I got scared. It was my first road-trip!!! Please understand me! I got so scared that I bit NICK!!! Sorry!!!

He got startled and dropped me on the floor, and I started running around. It took him a while but in the end he found me picked me up again, put me in my cage and everything was fine afterwards.

That's all. The moral of the story is that even a hamster that is good mannered and behaves, like me, can get scared in a car and bite someone without really thinking about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment