Wednesday 15 June 2011

Doing acrobat tricks with Maza

It's time for a quick update. I got some more old stories to write about. I want to get those stories out of the way, so I can start writing about the more recent stuff.

So, as I told you in the previous post, Maza had chewed the Home Theater's cables. Nick wasreluctant to let her out of the cage unsupervised. Me, on the other hand, I could go wherever I wanted. They had no problem because I knew how to behave. He would let me explore any room of the house. Maza did not have any objections. She was equally happy to be on her cage. She liked to spent her time cataloging, storing (and more often than not) eating her nuts and pellets. She also liked to redecorate her cage by moving all her toys from one corner to another.

However, I was starting to feel bad for her. When Nick went to bed and put me to my cage, I would try to talk to her. At first she was ignoring me, but as time was passing by, she started talking back to me. She was shy. After a few conversations with Maza I understood what was wrong with her behavior. It turned out she isn't that bad after all. She is very insecure and she gets easily frightened. That is why she was distant. It's her defense mechanism. She never really knew her family either. Her parents died when she was very young, that's why she ended up in the same cage as me, before Nick found us. However, she barely remembers her family and as a result she idolized her parents. Now that she spent started spending some time with me, she is becoming more social. Nick even let us play together in the living room.

Here is my and Maza playing together!!! I tried to get on top of her and not fall. It was hard because she was moving and I was losing my balance, but in the end I made it! Fun times!

Stand still, Maza, or I will fall!!!

What are you doing there Monty?!?

Uh oh! Nick is returning from work. Got to run back to my cage and pretend I am sleeping. I got a lot more to tell your about me and Maza, so check back often!

Monty, the acrobat


No comments:

Post a Comment