Wednesday 29 June 2011

Even more reminiscences

Hello Hamsters!

Nick is playing games on his PS3 so I managed to sneak into his room. I am using his computer now, heheh.

Ok, last time I told you about how I got to know Maza better. And how we played together. Well, after a while she became snobbish again. I don't know if it had something to do with my 'acrobat' tricks, but I think Nick blamed me for Maza's snobish attitude.

She wouldn't talk to me, she wanted to be left alone and sleep all the time. I wanted to play together with her, but she wouldn't leave her cage. And she was always eating. She even started to get fat!!! Nick and Ira were giving her tissue paper so she could make a big nest. Why did they encourage her snobbish behavior?

Three weeks later, Maza gave birth to twelve small hamsters. Can you believe it? Twelve!!!

Nick awas happy at first, and they even said that I was the father. Nonsense! How could I be the father??? I didn't do anything naughty! But then Nick became worried. There were too many baby hamsters. Including me and Maza, we were 14 hamsters and only 2 cages! We had to get more cages, and later we would have to find people to adopt the babies. 

Here are some pictures of the babies. Hm, they do look a little like me...






We let Maza take care of the small hamsters until they were old enough. Maza was stressed. She thought there was very little food in her cage and every time Ira gave her food, she always took it. She had filled her house with sunflower beads, peanuts and corn, but she would always pick up more food. I felt a little bad, because Maza took the whole burden of raising the babies, and I couldn't help her at all. Poor Maza, her babies exhausted her. They were always milking her, and she couldn't rest, not even for a minute. There was a time where Maza collapsed in the middle of her cage. Nick was scared. He thought that she died. But she was just exhausted and sleeping.

This is a video of Maza trying to escape her cage because all those baby hamsters drove her nuts!!!



When the baby hamsters grew up and they could eat on their own, Nick had no choice but to buy two more cages. He put the male hamsters in one cage, and the females in another. It was funny because they made a mistake. One boy hamster pretended to be a girl, because he wanted to be with the girls. Exactly what a rogue like me would do. Clever boy. I guess I am the father after all!

The little hamsters grew up very fast. Some were white like Maza, some where golden like me. And some had white and golden patches. They were very funny. Some hamsters are going to be long-haired and some are going to be short-haired, but it will take a while for their fur to grow. Nick found homes for all of them, and gave them away. I am afraid I am not going to see them again. This made me sad but Nick promised me that the owners will sent pictures of my kids! And he occasionally tells me stories of their adventures.

Also Maza is getting fat again... but I didn't do anything. I promise!!!

Got to go. Maza is calling me because she feels lonely.

Monty, the fatherly figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment