Friday 9 September 2011

Joshua has been grounded!

Sometimes, at night, I make a lot of noise. I bite the rails of my cage and I try to open the hatchdoor so I can get out. Usually, all it takes is some treats and then I become quiet again.

Maza tries to jailbreak!


Young Joshua was a quiet hamster, but lately he is always making mischief. He is getting very noisy at nights!

He starts eating his peanuts at 01:00. Afterwards he runs in his wheel, making sure to run in such a way that creates the most noise possible. Then he goes up and down his tube, or start re-arranging his cage decoration or his food stockpile. But most often, he climbs on the rails and either bites them, or tries to break them with the force of his weight (which is futile, but funny).

But that is not all. I wish it was.

This morning Nick opened the top of Joshua's cage and started leaving food inside. Joshua was in the other corner of the floor and was observing him (his hand actually). Then he started approaching his hand is a shy way. Nick was very happy because Joshua is usually scared of him. So he continued leaving food in his cage. Then Joshua got even closer to his hand, and using his cowardly tactic, BIT him!

Needless to say, Nick is mad. I heard him say that he will not let him out of his cage ever again, because he is a spoiled hamster. Poor Joshua. I am sure he mistook his hand for a treat and just tried to have a bite! It is common, because us, hamster, have poor eyesight and generally are more dependent on smell. And Nick's hand definitely smelled like food!


Maza, the mother of a spoiled hamster.

No comments:

Post a Comment